Kia Niro 2021 Updates
10 September 2020
The 2021 Kia Niro range receives some stylish and luxurious updates, plus an expansion in the range.
After much success following the Niro’s 2018 launch, Kia has more than doubled its model range, giving buyers a choice between five Hybrid (HEV) and Plug-In Hybrids (PHEV), plus three all-electric options.
Niro is seen as fulfilling the needs of customers who want to reduce their carbon footprint, lower their fuel costs, and still drive a vehicle that meets their requirements. As the electrified market has developed, we have taken the opportunity to broaden the range to better suit customer requirements and introduce popular model options to meet the high demand.
So, what’s new with the Niro?
- Sharper front styling, all-new LED daytime running lights and taillights, and silver skid plate on the lower edge of the bumper.
- Soft-touch dash top and gloss black trim with silver or satin chrome highlights.
- The original Niro EX is now joined by mid-range Niro SX and upmarket Niro Premium models including HEV, PHEV, and EV ranges.
- The Niro EX model is upgraded with an 8″ central touchscreen, the SX and Premium models have a 10.25″ touchscreen.
- Comfort is optimised with the Dual Zone Climate Control air conditioning, replacing the single-zone air conditioning system.
- Niro HEV models are equipped with Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go feature.
- Premium models come with leather upholstery, driver’s seat 2-way lumbar support, heated and ventilated front seats, and a wireless phone charger. Plus an 8-speaker JBL premium sound system and privacy glass for the rear and back windows and interior mood lighting on the EV Premium model.
- The SX/Premium PHEV ranges include a larger 8.9kWh Li-ion battery.